6. Pérez-Jover V, Mira JJ, Carratala-Munuera C, Gil-Guillen VF, Basora J, López-Pineda A, et al. Inappropriate Use of Medication by Elderly, Polymedicated, or Multipathological Patients with Chronic Diseases. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018;15: 310. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15020310
8. Navarro VJ, Khan I, Björnsson E, Seeff LB, Serrano J, Hoofnagle JH. Liver injury from herbal and dietary supplements. Hepatology. 2017;65(1):363-373
9. de Boer YS, Sherker AH. Herbal and Dietary Supplement-Induced Liver Injury. Clin Liver Dis. 2017;21(1):135-149
10. Sriuttha P, Sirichanchuen B, Permsuwan U. Hepatotoxicity of Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials. Int J Hepatol. 2018 Jan 15;2018:5253623. doi: 10.1155/2018/5253623
14. Gillessen A, Schmidt HH. Silymarin as Supportive Treatment in Liver Diseases: A Narrative Review. Adv Ther. 2020;37:1279-1301
15. Abenavoli L, Izzo AA, Milíc N, Cicala C, Santini A, Capasso R. Milk thistle (Silybum marianum): A concise overview on its chemistry, pharmacological, and nutraceutical uses in liver diseases. Phytotherapy Research. 2018;32:2202-2213.
S0 LEGALON® FORTE (Capsules). Reg. No. 4.5/7.4/1132. Each tablet contains 140 mg silymarin. For full prescribing information, refer to the Professional Information approved by the Regulatory Authority. Marketed by: Mylan (Pty) Ltd. for Xixia Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd. Reg No:1991/003162/07. 4 Brewery Street, Isando, Kempton Park, 1600. Tel: (011) 451 1300 Fax: (011) 451 1400 www.mylansa.co.za M4052 Exp: 11/2023
The purpose of this site is primarily to provide information and support.
Information and advice provided on this site is intended as support for liver damage sufferers and based on evidence available.
This site is not intended to endorse specific products as well as not to replace medical advice and medical diagnosis.